Coastal Dry Tropics Landcare Group Incorporated
Coastal Dry Tropics Landcare Inc. (CDTLI) is a community focused organisation dedicated to supporting and educating locals who want to protect and rehabilitate our unique environment.
There are many ways to get involved in Landcare activities. You can:
- Become a member and receive Kapok (Kapok is a quarterly newsletter produced by CDTLI. It is locally produced with the help of Townsville City Council. It contains local upcoming events; environmental and educational pieces; current project by various agencies and community groups. Kapok is free to all CDTLI members.)
- Become a volunteer at working bees or open days
- Learn about ecological principles
Consists of 9 Landcare Groups :
- Bush Garden Landcare Group
- Water Street Landcare Group
- Riverview Street Landcare Group
- Lou Litster Landcare Group
- Kirrang Court Landcare Group
- Kingfisher Lagoon Landcare Group
- Upper Ross Landcare Group
- Oak Valley Landcare Group
- Bluewater Landcare Group
Community Revegetation Open Days
- Winifred Street, Mundingburra - 2nd Saturday of the Month 3pm.
- Upper Ross, Kelso - 2nd Sunday of the month 8am
- Bush Garden, Mungdingburra - 3rd Saturday of the month at 3pm
- Lou Litster Park, Hermit Park - 3rd Sunday of the month at 8am
- Bluewater Creek, Bluewater - 4th Saturday of the month at 3pm
- Kirrang Court, Cranbrook - 4th Sunday of the month at 9am
There are regular open days at:
- Marabou Drive Annandale,
- Thunderbolt Drive, Oak Valley, and
- Riverview Street, Hermit Park.
There also plans for new groups in Paluma and Rupertswood.
To become a member just provide your Name, address, phone number and email (to receive our quarterly newsletter, KAPOK) to the contact below. There is a small annual membership fee of $10.00 for individuals and $50.00 for organisations. As a member you will be learning about the habitats in your local area, supporting your local community and receiving notifications of upcoming events. To join a volunteer working group in your area, please contact us so we can help you find a suitable project and activity.
Primary contact is:
Community Revegetation Coordinator
Email : email@example.com