Local Coastal Community Groups
The volunteer coastal community groups of the Burdekin Dry Tropics NRM region have a fantastically varied and critical role to play in managing their coastline. Our coastal volunteer groups are made up of a cross section of community – ranging from experts in particular fields, retired residents, and passionate individuals, through to children and reef guardians – all with a keen interest in our coast and its management.
The Traditional Owners of our coast are also recognised as coastal community groups. We encourage you to get to know the Traditional Owners in your area to collaboratively manage land and sea country.
Registering Your Group with Landcare
The National Landcare Directory is a service which will bring contacts for Australia’s coastcare and landcare groups into the one location. It aims to facilitate a national contact network for all those with a professional or personal interest in conservation. Volunteers and people with an interest in conservation can search the National Landcare Directory for groups in their region and their regional NRM organisation. If you are not yet registered, you can do so on the Landcare website: Landcare Registration
Community Group Contacts
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the activities of the Dry Tropics region's community groups, please contact them directly.
- Arcadia Surf Life Saving Club
- Ayr Surf Life Saving Club
- Beyond Zero Emissions
- BirdLife Northern Queensland
- BirdLife Townsville
- Bluewater Catchment Landcare Inc
- Bowen Surf Life Saving Club
- Balgal Beach Boating and Leisure Club Inc
- Burdekin Fish Restocking Association
- Burdekin Bowen Integrated Floodplain Management Advisory Committee Inc.
- Coastal Dry Tropics Landcare Inc
- Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Crystal Creek Hut Owners Association
- Geoffrey Bay Coastcare
- Gudjuda Reference Group Aboriginal Corporation
- Hell Hole Creek Hut Owners and Anglers Organisation
- Lower Burdekin Landcare
- Magnetic Island Community Development Assoc Inc
- Magnetic Island Nature Care Association
- Marine Wildlife Foundation
- North Queensland Conservation Council
- North Queensland Underwater Explorers Club
- North Queensland Wildlife Care
- Olympus Crescent Coastcare
- Permaculture Townsville
- Queen's Beach Action Group
- Reef Check Australia
- Saunders Beach Community Centre
- Seagrass Watch
- Sea Turtle Foundation
- Society for Growing Australian Plants
- Tangaroa Blue Foundation
- Townsville Skindiving Club
- Toolakea Progress Association
- Toomulla Beach Coastcare
- Townsville Sportfishing Club
- Volunteering North Queensland
- Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, Townsville Branch
- Wunjunga Progress Association
This is a legacy website. Content is not being updated but is kept as an archive.
Updated NRM information is now held in the NQ Dry Tropics NRM Information Portal at http://nrm.nqdrytropics.com.au/.
while corporate information about NQ Dry Tropics is held on our main website at http://www.nqdrytropics.com.au